My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 4 May 2014

Easter Sunday and Today

Two weeks ago today was Easter Sunday but unfortunately we didn't make it to church.  It was a travel day for us.  We were awake bright and early and arrived at the airport just after 4:00 a.m.  Travel seems to be a lot of hurrying and waiting.  We checked in and waited to board our plane to Toronto.  It was a very smooth ride.  We landed in Toronto and grabbed some lunch to wait again. 
Our next part of the trip was a new adventure for me.  Usually when we land in Toronto we either grab a shuttle to Napanee, rent a car or are picked up.  This time we were flying to Kingston.  Ron had done this when he left for training in Regina and had flown back to Kingston 5 years ago after graduation.

When we boarded the plane I was thinking of my friend Catherine who does not like to fly.  This plane had a total of 36 seats.  Nine rows with two seats on each side of the plane and a very narrow aisle.  Fortunately it was a calm day and very little turbulence and it was quick.  A normal two plus hour drive was reduced to 50 minutes from take off to landing. 

Ron was busy taking pictures out of the window as he recognized so many familiar landmarks along the way.

We flew right over Napanee into Kingston to be picked up by my mom, dad and Sarah (as mentioned in a previous blog).
Napanee
Once we collected our luggage from this very tiny airport we drove to Lemoine's Point to stretch our legs and mom actually fed a bird from her hand.

Kingston is only 30 minutes from Napanee and it was nice to drive along the lake and see familiar sights.  It was nice to be with mom, dad and Sarah.  It was also very nice to feel the warmth of Spring.

TODAY....It is another cool day with just a few scattered flurries in the air.  Ron and I went for a walk this morning to the dock.  Since it is cooler the roads are not muddy and so it made for great walking and any time that I can go for a walk I certainly enjoy it.
Still lots of ice in the lake but at least we can see the dock now.  It was covered for most of the winter with piles of snow.
Yes Ron, I think it will be awhile before we go canoeing.

As for the rest of the day....Ron went to work and I went to church, well kind of.  I am able to enjoy a church service thanks to Pastor Paul Israelson and Family Community Church in Swift Current.
After "church" I will work more on my school work which is like sitting in classes all day (technology!)  And then tonight we are going next door for a steak dinner!  It is a reasonably busy day in the middle of no where.  I will be taking dessert!
Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Uh...yea...so the first thing I thought before I even started reading was OH MY STARS - HOW SMALL IS THAT PLANE!!!! LOL! Nope...I'll take the bus... or walk... Haha!

Oh that dessert! Yum yum yum! A few extra minutes of the ol' treadmill or wii Dancing I think. Haha!!

Happy Sunday to you my friend!
xo Catherine