My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 14 May 2014

31 Years and Counting

31 years ago today I remember waking up and thinking “Am I ready for this?”  With excitement and fear going through my body I made my bed just like every other morning and began to prepare for one of the biggest days of my life.  Everyone was running around like crazy and I remember feeling very relaxed.  All I needed to do was get dressed.  And I did…in my wedding dress.
I remember standing at the back of the church on my dad’s arm telling myself not to cry.  I looked up at the front of the church to see the young man that I was in love with and ready to spend the rest of my life with.  He was so handsome in his burgundy suit….I made him wear that.

That day was a bit of a blur with vows and pictures, hugs and congratulations and then we were off.  Off to start our new life.  We were both so young…only 19 years old.  We thought we knew everything.
 

Years have gone by and there have been lots of changes:
·         Two children born
·         Nine moves
·         Career changes
·         Hair colours
·         4 Grandchildren
·         10 vehicles (?)
 
·         And many more….

I am so glad that I walked that aisle 31 years ago today.  It was the best walk ever.  Ron and I have grown up together.  We still enjoy the same things and we understand each other.  We have gone through a lot through the years but one thing is always constant we have gone through it together.
Anniversaries in the past have included lunch in the park, motorcycle rides, cruises, family dinners, church celebrations and as each anniversary comes it surprises me that another year has gone by so fast. 
Today Ron will be working later so he is sleeping.  We have steak marinating to barbeque at lunch.  It will be a quiet day and that is okay.
Happy Anniversary to my best friend…love you more every day!
 
Would I recommend young people get married at age 19....probably not....would I do it again?  In a heartbeat!    

3 comments:

Candice said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! I didn't realize you had married so young...I was two months shy of nineteen myself when I was married, so I can only smile and hope God will give Josiah and I many years together, too.

Catherine said...

I hope you and your sweetie had a terrific anniversary my friend!
xo Catherine

LMWIEBE said...

Happy Anniversary to you both!! It doesn't matter where you celebrate as long as you are together :)