My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 24 May 2014

A Friendlier Kind of Fire!

In my last post I talked about a fire in the community that was just a tad bit scary and as I type there is smoke in the air again but this time it is in a different community and the wind is sharing the smoke and ashes. 

But last night we had a friendly fire.  Our neighbours, Sean & Denise invited us over for a campfire and I must say that sitting around a fire is one of my most favourite things.  It goes back to the days when I went camping with my parents and every night a campfire would take place.  It was better than watching tv and it was so relaxing.  Later it was something that we enjoyed as a family and even had a fire pit in Frankford to enjoy the warm summer evenings.
And last night was the perfect night.  The temperature was amazing.  There were hardly any mosquitos and very little wind.
 
And Denise had the ingredients for S'mores!
The evening shift dropped by for a break and my own personal policeman roasted a marshmallow for me to make the most perfect s'more.
 There were three furry creature around that thought the snacks were a little tempting.  They weren't interest in watching the fire at all.
 
 
Summer has begun....campfires, canoe trips and one month from tomorrow our little visitors will arrive!
 


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Now that fire looks much more safe. Would you believe that I've never had a s'more? Clearly I've lived a very sheltered life. :(
xo Catherine