My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 6 May 2023

Don’t Let The Rain Get You Down

We have had some beautiful warm days and Ron was off all week.  We walked, went for free coffees (thanks to the Tim’s hockey picks) and got some errands taken care of.

Today, Ron was back to work and the sky is heavy and grey.  I asked Alexis this morning what the temperature was and she responded with “Right now it’s 5 degrees Celsius. Today expect a high of 8 degrees.”  Usually that is all our little artificial intelligence will say but today she added, “don’t let the rain get you down.” 

Even though the house seems dark this morning with no sunshine coming through the windows, I feel very content.  I can’t describe how different I feel from a few months ago. I felt like every day there was a heavy cloud hanging over me and there was no sun that could penetrate through that.  Today, with cloudy skies and wet pavement, I can almost see the grass growing.  My neglected gardens are popping with perennials and I know soon there will be flowers. Over the next couple of days, I will give some attention to the gardens, removing the weeds and giving the plants space to grow.

I guess life is kind of like the seasons.  Sometimes, we go through stormy weather and it is hard to keep moving through the hurricanes, tornadoes and dumps of snow that comes our way.  As we dig out from the damage that the wind may blow at us or try to dodge the torrential downpours; we discover that we can’t avoid what life throws at us.  We can take cover and come out stronger.  Looking at the green popping in the garden bed, I imagine those plants that have been dormant through the winter.  Piles of snow hid them from any sunshine and instead of giving up, they are ready to bloom.  I guess that is where I am.  

I need to weed out the doubts, worries and things I can’t change in my life.  I need to keep going.  I can keep going!

Only three more shifts for Ron to work!

No comments: