My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday 18 May 2023

Steps and Sadness

Stephen and Kylie worked days today.  

Ron and I went on a hike to Clearwater Lakes.
It was only a two hour hike and a nice way to get our steps.  We had done this hike in September with Stephen.
We forgot about some of the steep spots but my regular walking made the hike much easier than I remembered.
Can you see the eagle? 🦅 
We came back to the house to keep company with the livestock.


Mom called today to tell me that Uncle Morley had passed away.  Mom comes from a family of 13 kids.  Mom is the third youngest.  She has had to say goodbye to most of her older siblings.  This time it was her younger brother. It was horrible to hear the hurting in her voice.  Life can be so hard.  

Today, as I sat on a bench near the upper lake, I felt a heaviness come over me.  I tried hard to choke back the tears but they came.  I thought of my sister and how she fought to walk as long as she could.  I had just hiked for over 4 kilometres with more to go.  I tried to push the darkness away.  I want to enjoy the things that I can do now because we don’t know what the future holds.  I want to walk or hike because I can.  I want to enjoy life and the people around me.  I don’t want to worry about tomorrow because it robs the joy of today.  Along life’s journey there is sadness and pain.   Sometimes it comes too often and can feel overwhelming.  We sometimes have to say goodbye to family and friends.  It’s not easy..sometimes the pain feels too much.

I will never forget those that we have lost.  Life will never be the same without them.  I want to think about the good memories with them.  I want to appreciate the people that I have in my life now and work to make special moments with them.  

Sadness will come but I will continue to push on.  I will keep the step count going.  Healing comes one step at a time…you just need to keep putting one foot ahead of the other.

No comments: