My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 17 May 2023

To Sail or not to Sail…that was the question

The weather in Kitimat has been more than amazing.  I am still surprised when I sit in Stephen and Kylie’s living room looking out the window.  It is probably pushing 30 degrees and yet the mountain tops are still covered with snow.

Kylie got home yesterday from Alberta.  Stephen was anxious to get us out on the sailboat.  We packed up and headed to the port.  Stephen realized that he had forgotten the gas.  They decided to set up the mast and back the boat into the water and Stephen would drive  home for the gas.  They looked like the knew what they were doing.

Ron and I were thinking that the boat looked a little tippy as they moved around to do things.  Stephen jumped off and then he realized that the pulley on the trailer had snapped. Sailing just wasn’t meant to be.  The good news is that Stephen had extra straps to secure the sailboat so that it got home safely.  The bad news is that we didn’t get to go sailing on the ocean…yet!

Today, Kylie and Stephen had to go to work.  Stephen stopped in a couple of times.  This was the first time that I had seen him in the Mountie uniform.  Kylie even came home for lunch.

Ron and I did a little exploring through the morning after picking up my free coffee!




We spent the afternoon with the fur babies.  They are definitely babies!

No comments: