My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 10 May 2023

Old Friends

We packed our little civic full with as much stuff that it would hold and headed north.  I was the driver today.  It seemed like it took us forever to get to Three Hills but we arrived right at lunch time as planned.  We met Marion and Merv at the restaurant.  I was so excited to see them that I forgot to take a picture.  Thankfully, I found an old one to use.  We haven’t changed that much???


I met Marion when I worked at Prairie Bible College.  It didn’t take long for us to know that we would be forever friends.  Marion had told her son that she was sad that I would be moving to Ontario and that she might not see me again.  Her son’s response was “don’t forget about heaven.”  I’m hoping that we will have more visits before that but yes, there is always heaven and texts and video chats.

We drove around Three Hills to refresh our memories of the little town that we called home for three years.  We enjoyed living there and getting to know the special people that touched our lives.

We continued north to have supper with friends from way back.  I remember Kevin from Sunday School days and then youth group.   I also remember how much Kevin and Ron would laugh when they get together.  Some things never change!  Leanne is a bit younger and was a friend with my sister, Tina.  We spent some time reminiscing and a few tears were shed.

We had a delicious supper with them and they surprised Ron with cake.  So thoughtful and so delicious.

After a good dinner and some chocolate cake, Leanne and I went for a long walk with the dogs.


They live in a beautiful place and it was good to get some steps and see the area.

Ron and Kevin stayed behind to cheer on the Leafs and they won!!!  We got back in time to see the Oilers have a victory too.

We visited for a bit more and then it was way past our bedtime.  Kevin and Leanne were so gracious to feed us, take me for a walk and give us a bed for the night.

Our first day of our post retirement trip was pretty full and nice.

No comments: