My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 30 April 2023

A Perfect Day!

Perfect days to me can be a nice hike with great weather and muscles that hurt just enough.

It might be a day with my grandkids when we do something that everyone enjoys and there is no whining or fighting.  This, of course, has never happened.

It has been times with my son and his sweet wife.  It doesn’t matter what we do because it just always leaves me feeling good.

It will hopefully be times with my daughter when we move to Ontario as we bake, enjoy a tea or maybe shop.

It is always when Ron is home and we have plans or perhaps we do nothing at all.

It can also be those days when you reconnect with a friend and enjoy catching up.  That was my day yesterday.  

I haven’t been driving much lately and rarely by myself.  Yesterday, I changed that.  I drove three hours to Medicine Hat to meet my old tea buddy. She’s not old…just older than 10 years ago when we had spent time together.

Picture taken ten years ago
Picture taken 10 years - two working ladies

Fourteen years ago I started working at Innovation Credit Union in Swift Current.   

I sat at the front desk on the third floor for the first year and every day this lovely lady would walk by at 9:30 a.m. and come back with a Tim’s.  I decided that this was a friend that I wanted to have.

I soon was leaving every day at 9:30 and coming back with my tea and a new forever friend.

Through the years we have kept up to date with our tea times but it has always been virtual. Yesterday, we had our visit face to face.  Virtual hugs are okay but the real thing is much better.

Catherine was a wonderful tour guide.  We walked around chatting and catching up.  She picked a cute little bistro for lunch and we talked some more.  To make the day complete, my tour guide took us to Police Point Park and even suppled me with a bottle of water.


It was a great place to explore with lots of intersecting paths along the water and no hills to climb.



We walked and, of course, talked some more.


We sat along the shore and enjoyed the sun, scenery and friendship.  We had to take a selfie to mark the occasion.

Two retired ladies 

It was such a nice day and we even managed to find the vehicle after all of our twists and turns. Our next chat will most likely be virtual but it was extra special to have this day.

I then drive the three hours and got home just in time to watch the Leafs play.  What an exciting game!

When Tampa Bay was leading there were some sad faces in Ontario.  I tried to stay calm with the thought that at least they would go to game seven….the dreaded game seven,

And then Austin Matthews tied the game.  We had a chance.  The end of the third period came and the Leafs were going to overtime and the captain came through.  He got the puck in the back of the net and everyone went crazy. They won!  It got a little loud at our house and in Ontario. 


They made it past the first round.  They haven’t done that since 2004!  

What a way to end the perfect day!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Tears are in my eyes friend! Not only for your beautiful words, but also at how much younger we looked in the first photo... 😏Bawhaha! It was such a lovely day catching up with you. Indeed we could not have asked for better weather and was so proud that we didn’t get lost. 😄 I look forward to virtual tea time soon again but who knows, one day another real life get together could happen as well. Hugs to you!