My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Friday 21 April 2023

Closure?

Tomorrow there will be a gathering in my home town to say goodbye to my sister.  My mom said that they need closure and so a service has been planned.  Due to circumstances beyond my control, I cannot be there.  Instead of closure for me, it feels like my open wounds have had salt poured on them.

They say….whoever they are…that time heals.  I guess I just need more time.

Today, I feel kind of like our weather.  It feels like I should be happier but a cloud is moving in.  Outside, it should be spring and it’s snowing.  


The good news is that tomorrow is a new day with the promise of sunshine and warm temperatures.  

Today, I will push on.  I will exercise.  I will keep going. I will push the clouds away just like the snow will melt when the sun comes out.

So closure?  I’m not sure what that really is.  

  • Maybe it’s pushing on when you don’t feel like it.  
  • Maybe it’s planning for tomorrow when you aren’t having a good day.  
  • Maybe it is just writing your thoughts before starting your day.  
  • Maybe it is counting your blessings of what you have and not dwelling as much on what you have lost.
  • Maybe it is like my Christmas cactus who has decided to bloom in April.

Just maybe, It’s that you are supposed to bloom even when the odds seem to be against you??

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Sending you love my friend! Let us hope for more agreeable weather next weekend when we meet. Can hardly wait!! xo C