My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Monday 24 April 2023

Go The Distance

I’m trying to develop somewhat of a routine with posting on my blog.  There will be times when I will have interesting posts about our adventures and other times (like today) it will be just my thoughts.

So much has happened over the past two years and with each event I felt like a punching bag.  You know the ones…they have the weighted bottom and when you punch it, it would wobble and then stand straight, ready for the next round.  At first, I wobbled with each hit. Then there were illegal shots to the head and jabs below the belt.  I began to lose the weights out of the bottom and tumbled over.  The fight seem to continue even though it was a technical knock out.  Why wasn’t the referee blowing the whistle to stop the fight?


Lately, even though many of the circumstances haven’t changed, I have felt the weights settling in.  (Boy, do I feel the weight…another story!)  Instead of laying flat on the ground, I am starting to wobble back.  I might even have a little bit in me to dodge a punch or two.

The last couple of days have been hard but today I decided instead of dwelling on the circumstances we would enjoy the sunshine.  First, we went for a walk.  It was so nice that my spring coat was too much.  We then drove to our favourite place…Waterton Park. 


It was such a beautiful day.  The mountains looked majestic and it felt good to enjoy the scenery and take deep breaths.  Now, I am enjoying the sun on the deck in my little nest.

The bell has rung to end the round and I’m taking a breather.  I’m not sure how many more rounds there are in this fight.  I’ve got the scars and bruises from the previous rounds but I’m STEELE Standing…

1 comment:

Stephen said...

There's no such thing as a ref in the fight of life. Taking punches and bobbing and weaving is only one aspect of a fight. You need to either get in and fight back and throw punches of your own or you have to get away from whatever is throwing punches. A punching bag never wins a fight!