My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 4 December 2013

Winter Wonderland

We've had snow here for over a month now and every snowflake that lands on the ground will stay there until spring.  It's been a bit chilly here but yesterday we layered up and set out for some winter exercise.

The trail that we found was so beautiful with snow hanging heavy on the branches and the sun shining through the trees.

There is nothing like being out in the cold crisp air with the beauty of nature all around...it just makes me smile!
So how cold was it?  Well, does -28 degrees Celsius sound cold?

This is what - 28 Celsius looks like:

Frosted eyelids
  • Frozen hair that looks like it could be broken off
  • Very Red cheeks






Time to head into the chalet for a hot chocolate and sandwich....okay maybe not a chalet but it sounds better.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Hmmmm....maybe I need to take up cross country skiing to enjoy snow....nope....can't picture it. ;)
Keep warm my friend!
xo Catherine

Rick Watson said...

Wow! Chilly Willy. Better get my long johns out.
Rick, your latest follower.