My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Tuesday 24 December 2013

The Ghost of Christmas Past

Memories are a wonderful thing but they can haunt you too.  I woke up this morning and just wanted to stay in bed.  No family to prepare dinner for....no last minute things to do....and really not much excitement.  It's Christmas Eve and yet it feels like just another day at an isolated post.
 Oh, how I miss those days with little ones eagerly looking under the tree at the gifts.  I miss the excitement of Christmas morning and even the mess that it brings.  I miss putting together the toys and playing them with my little ones.
 


I miss cooking for our families and having my mom in the kitchen helping and my dad carving the turkey.  The last Christmas that I had with the family was in 2008 and even then Ron wasn't there.

 We were happy that last year this time Stephen was on his way and we had pizza and games and gifts and dinner and enjoyed a great few days together.


Christmas Eve has traditionally been a night of games with chips and dip.  Ron is off to work and so should I crack open the bag and play a game of solitaire?  No, wait the other guys said that they might come over on Ron's break for a game.  Here's hoping for an old tradition to continue with new players.
Miss and love my family and thankful for so many Christmases that we were together!

No comments: