My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 21 December 2013

Christmas Baking

I love to bake.  After writing my final exam on Wednesday night I took all day Thursday baking.
 
All of my favourites:
  • Thumbprint Cookies
  • Shortbread Cookies
  • Haystacks
  • Nanaimo Bars
  • Magic Bars
  • Mini Peanut Butter Bar and Chocolate Chip Loaves
And then I packed everything up to go to friends and businesses in the community.  Okay, maybe I didn't pack everything up.
We had to have a little sampling plate for us.

Today...the temperature outside right now is -41 degrees Celsius and later this morning it is forecasted to be -44 with the wind chill.  
So when the weather outside is frightful, my kitchen is so delightful.
And since tomorrow night we will be going to a Christmas pizza party and I'm on for desserts I think I will be whipping up these two sweet treats to take with us.
Toblerone-topped caramel cheesecake and Mile-High Peanut Butter Pie
 If you are on the prairies or the Yukon stay warm and if you are in Ontario stay off the roads today!



2 comments:

Candice said...

What a blessing you are to your community! Stay warm.

Catherine said...

Oh wow! I need to go use the treadmill after looking at all those goodies! Yum!
xo Catherine