My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Monday 9 December 2013

Should Old Acquaintance be forgot...

Two nights ago the phone rang and I smiled when I saw the call display.  It was a high school friend that I hadn't talked to in quite a few years.  When I said hello, the reply was:  "Hello there, Penny Steele Face."  Only Tracy would call me that.  Back in the day, she was my best friend, Sears Face. 


I met Tracy in high school.  We were in a lot of the same classes and I don't remember how we became friends but I can guess it was probably because we were laughing at something at the same time.  We had so much fun and soon she was at my house almost as much as I was.  She called my parents mom and dad and they adopted her into the family.  She became part of our church youth group and attended our church.  I don't ever remember ever fighting with Tracy but I had to always make sure to spell her name right....Tracy without an e.  We just had fun.  There was lots of laughing downstairs at our house as we tried to play ping pong or pool.

As the years went by there were boyfriends and college and marriage and we didn't see each other much.  Every once in awhile we would connect and it was always like the old days....talking and laughing and enjoying each other's company. 


When the phone rang and I saw that it was my old friend Tracy we picked up from right where we had left off.  She had received my Christmas letter and was surprised with all the events of the past year and just needed to talk.  She had to call my parents for my phone number.  We talked for an hour about the old days, our adult children, my grandchildren and we laughed.  I know that Tracy is one of those friends that will always be there.  She is a special person that came into my life so many years ago and I am glad that she is still there.

When we went to hang up she said that she would be praying for us and I know that she will.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Don't you love talking to friends that are like that? Where you can pick up right where you left off? Wonderful!
xo Catherine