My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Friday 9 June 2023

Rain!

We have been home for just a few days and have been working to catch up.  I had cleaned out my vegetable garden before we left but hadn’t planted anything.  The weeds were super excited to have the time and space to grow.  It gave me a little anxiety just to look at it.

Ron trimmed and cut the grass and I dove into the gardens.  I weeded and weeded. I trimmed, pruned and cut things out and then we went shopping.  Walking through a nice nursery is always a little exciting for me.  I don’t have a green thumb like my dad and sisters but I like to try.  We collected soil, flowers, seed, plants and bark and then spent the afternoon making things look nice.  The finished work was worth the effort of working in the hot sun.


We also did some inside work too.  Being away for a month allows the dust to settle EVERYWHERE!  Now, it’s Friday and it’s raining.  

Rain is such a soothing thing for me.  We don’t get a lot in southern Alberta and when it comes, you can almost watch the grass pop in growth and colour.  The potted flowers and plants in the garden will soak in the natural watering.  The sprinkler just doesn’t work the same magic.

So, today with the house mostly clean and outside activity is hindered by the refreshing rain, I feel very relaxed.  


Let it rain!

No comments: