My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Tuesday 6 June 2023

A Taste of Home

Yesterday, we had breakfast with Haylee and Josiah.  

We have known Haylee from the time she was in kindergarten. We were her pastors and now her and Josiah have been pastoring.  They have been living in Trail, BC the past two years and will be moving back to Ontario next month. We wanted to see them before hey go. We went to their favourite coffee shop.
It was a nice visit as we discussed how we were all going to be starting life again in Ontario.  They are moving back as a young married couple and we, as newly retirees.  Honestly, it doesn’t feel that long that we were in their shoes but oh, how time flies.

After we said our goodbyes, we drove the last 5 or so hours to Pincher Creek.  We had been surrounded by mountains ever since we left but now I could see my mountains.
We knew we were almost home when we saw the wind turbines.
Haylee sent me a message that said, “Thanks for stopping by and giving me a little taste of home!”

Home…where is that?  We come home to Pincher Creek but we are planning on moving home to Ontario.  We have come home to a number of places.  Is home where you grew up, where you are living or where you plan to settle?

I think Haylee’s words made me think that home is where people are, where we feel a little peace and where we can do what we want or do nothing at all.  I’m home for now…but where will home be?  That is a wait and see but for now I need to get moving and get things done around our home.  A month away has left a lot of things to do.

No comments: