My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 7 May 2016

Some Days It's Just Hard To Get Out Of Bed

It's been two hours since I woke up.  The first think I did was grab the iPad to check the status of the fire in Fort McMurray.  Last night just before going to bed I had heard from Ron.  They had finished their long day of going door to door, making sure people had left their homes and that houses were secure. They were not allowed to go south to where they had stayed the night before due to fire breaking out on the road.

So they headed north.



They were standing around at ten last night waiting to be assigned a room.  They had no extra clothes.  This morning when I read the update I found this:

The lodge where they were staying was filled with smoke.  So I lay in bed, not wanting to get up...praying.  And then Ron called!  He sounded good and ready for another full day of checking homes.  I mentioned the article and he said that there was lots of smoke there.  They had to sleep with their respirators on.


So I'm guessing that if he can be up and going after a night like that I should motivate myself to get up.

No comments: