My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday 4 September 2014

Home

Just north of Regina...beautiful harvest time.
If home is where your heart is...then I have many homes.  We arrived back "home" on Sunday.  This home has our furniture and all of our belongings.  It is good to be back to our space but there is an emptiness here now.  I don't have Sarah and Emma to tuck in and read a story to.
Sarah's selfie with Emma
In the morning Sarah isn't standing over me at 6:30 a.m. waiting to be pulled into bed for a little snuggle.  Emma isn't calling from her bed...."Nannnny."  I miss their little voices and enjoyed the summer so much.  I now have to make bread and do my dishes all by myself.  It may be quicker but not as much fun.  What am I going to do with myself?

I know....FaceTime with the little ones.
Abigail with a beautiful smile
Jacob enjoying a nap in Sharbot Lake
Sarah and Emma chatting on the phone
It's not quite the same but I am so thankful for technology.  I got to see pictures of Sarah's first day of Sr. Kindergarten and then had a chat after school about her adventures and see Emma and Jacob being excited for her.

Oh and as far as our time in Ontario, it was great.  We had lots of family and friend time.  We got home on Sunday night and Ron got called out that night but then he called me to tell me to look outside.  There are some positives to living in the north.
Northern Lights from my back door

2 comments:

LMWIEBE said...

I bet your house is quiet 😔. But so lucky to have the girls for the summer as were they lucky to be with you.....thanks for sharing your summer with your followers, I enjoyed it 😊

LMWIEBE said...

And those Northern Lights are gorgeous!!