My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 16 August 2014

Four More Sleeps

Usually when it is time to go "home" to Ontario I can hardly wait.  Usually I have things packed with time to spare.  Usually I am looking forward to seeing my grandchildren.
....but this time it is different.  This time we will be flying back to Ontario to take back our two summer guests.

I know that come September my house will be cleaner.  I won't have to watch Snow White or Dora.  I will only have one bed to make and less laundry to do.  My dishes will take less time to do because I won't have two little girls eager to help.  The pool and tent in the backyard will be put away.  The homemade play dough will be thrown out.  The kids craft table will turn back into my scrap booking centre.  I will catch up on all the shows stored on the PVR.
 

And I am afraid that I will be struggling with just a little bit of depression.  The house will be too quiet, too clean and too lonely.

Oh, but let us look at the positive...it was an amazing summer.
Sarah took a "selfie" of her and Emma





Yes, I will cherish the memories and enjoy the few days that we have left here.  We will have fun travelling and then a week at home to enjoy family and friends and to see the other two munchkins that we didn't have for the summer.



And then come September...friends expect phone calls, make sure you play your scrabble games and I will be happy to FaceTime or Skype to have contact with the outside world.


2 comments:

Candice said...

Oh Penny! What a joy to have two of your granddaughters with you for such an extended time. I'm sure those memories, and the intimate relationships that you have been fostering will last for years to come!

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness. You are going to miss those little girls and they you! I know they will remember spending the summer with their grandparents and want a repeat for next year. Perhaps you will be someplace new by then.

Hopefully talk to you soon!
xo Catherine