My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Turning Five

Our oldest granddaughter turned five today.  It was great watching her excitement over the past weeks counting down how many sleeps until her birthday and then seeing her this morning when the day finally arrived.
We had the day planned.  First we started out with the breakfast of her choice.  Next on the list was to make cupcakes and she got to decorate them.
Next came lunch which included cupcakes for dessert. 
Through the day there were phone calls and FaceTime greetings and even birthday wishes on Facebook for this special five year old.  Of course there were a few gifts to open.
Supper was the birthday girl's choice ...shepherd's pie and cake.
And Junior Dan stopped in for birthday cake which was the perfect end to a great day.
I am so thankful for this summer and having this time with these two precious girls.  They keep me busy but they sure keep me smiling. Tonight when Sarah was saying her bedtime prayers she said:
"Dear God, thanks for such a good day.  Keep Grandpa safe at work.  Help Nanny to feel better (I was pretty tired) and help Emma and Sarah, that's me, have a good sleep.  Amen"

Now if that doesn't make you smile....Happy Birthday Sarah!


No comments: