My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 30 March 2014

A Spring Activity?

So spring arrived last week and I said that we needed to find some spring activities and this is what happened.
There was a big fishing derby and Ron had to make a trip out to the central location so I decided to tag along.  Of course, I brought a camera.
On many of our motorcycle trips I would snap pictures from behind Ron but I soon realized that this was not a motorcycle.  After one picture I put the camera away and held on with both hands.  We had to go 12 kilometers across the lake.  What?  12 kilometers on the frozen lake!  It was kind of crazy...it was like a little village way out here.  There was a weighing station, a food tent, a washroom and a parking lot full of vehicles.



And even a police force!
Just a little secret....there are only two things that I personally don't like about ice fishing and that would be being on the ice and the fishing part.  I figure if you have to be on the lake it would be better to be a lot warmer and in a canoe.
Okay so still looking for that spring activity...I don't think this is it!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hmmm....nope...not to spring like...

Waaaaaaay to much snow there still!

xo Catherine