My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 5 April 2014

Too Sweet Not To Share

I have been knitting lots and I mean lots.  It is what I enjoy doing when I sit down in the evening.  I have sent baby afghans across the country:
  • one to British Columbia for a friend's grandbaby
  • three to Saskatchewan:  a friend from church in Swift Current, one to Gull Lake for one of Ron's partners, one to Deschambault Lake for another work partner
  • one to Manitoba for a pastor friend
  • one to Ontario for our daughter's friend
  • one left in the Yukon for our son's girlfriend's sister
And then I started on full size afghans and I was pleasantly surprised with the one I worked on for my mother-in-law. 

Just over two weeks ago I put this one in the mail to Ontario for my daughter:
 
It arrived just in time for the newest addition to our family.  Jenn took Abigail for a New Born Photo Shoot just last weekend and here are some sneak pictures. 
I wonder if I sent washing instructions? 
Two more weeks and I get to meet Miss Abigail (but I'm going to hold her with a diaper on.)


 

2 comments:

Catherine said...

ADORABLE!!!!! Oh my stars...what a sweet bundle of love. I bet you can hardly wait to go see your new grandbabe. Sweet!
Hope you get spring soon - we've had it pretty good the last few days. +18 on Tuesday? Hmmm....can I hope?
xo Catherine

LMWIEBE said...

Catherine spoke too soon......no +18 today, -1 instead :(. That is a very sweet baby and the afghan is adorable. I just started knitting this winter, it is those simple scarves, don't know if you can even call that knitting? Love following your blog......