My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Tuesday 8 April 2014

Anxiety...I Hate That Feeling

anx·i·e·ty
aNGˈzī-itē
noun
noun: anxiety; plural noun: anxieties
  1. a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
Do you ever get that feeling? 
                              That hard to breath, don't talk to me, head ready to explode, cold kind of feeling. 
             It is very unsettling when there is something that you have to do and you just don't feel comfortable about it.

Well, I have to go to the clinic today for a very simple appointment. 
                      I'm not nervous about seeing the doctor or hearing the results but I have to get there.

Very strange I know.  It is only about a three minute drive...maybe ten minutes if I dared to walk.  Ron is usually here for my appointments and I feel quite comfortable with his presence but today he is not here.

So ...I sipped on my tea this morning trying not to think about it. 
                              I did 30 minutes of hard exercise on the elliptical to work out the stress. 
                                                       I relaxed in a hot bath and soon, very soon I will go.

Oh, I will be back before you know it and all will all be well so why do I have ANXIETY?




P.S.  I am back!  No incidents beside a terrible road...muddy and rutty....but the doctor's plane didn't come in today so I'm going to go through this all again tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hooray for making it there and back all by yourself!!! Such a brave girl! Well now, easy peasy doing it again today. ;)

Good luck!
xo Catherine