My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Monday 14 April 2014

Make New Friends But Keep the Old Ones

Way, way back when Jenn was a little girl she went to Sparks.  She loved the crafts and wearing the pink shirt and playing with lots of little girls her age.  I remember one little song that they would sing each time they met...maybe you know it too.
Borrowed from Google Images

 Boy, can I relate to the words.  We have moved a fair bit and always we seem to make some life-long friends that we keep close to our heart.  We may not see them as often but we know that when we do we can pick up from where we left off.  A phone call, a facebook scrabble game or an email can make me smile or perhaps just make my entire day. 

Last week a special Ontario friend and I planned a cruise that we are going on next year...oh yes, our husbands are invited too.  It will give me ten months to plan and look forward to spending a whole week together.  I am so excited!

On Saturday I got a call from another Ontario friend.  We talked for over an hour catching up...sometimes laughing...sometimes crying and sometimes waiting for her phone to catch up with us.  Some people will do anything to save money! (Donna!!!!)

Last night I had a message on my phone to call one of my Saskatchewan redneck friends.  I am going to return the call tonight to Lynne and I know that we will share our thoughts and try and fix all the problems in the world and I will hang up knowing that I have a special friend.

Today Ron got our mail and there was a special envelope for me.  Oh, I love mail!  One dear friend realizes that I am missing my Tim's steeped tea and so she went out of the way to send it to me. Thanks Nelda!  Now that is just plain thoughtful!!!

So yes, it is always hard to say goodbye to my friends when I move but oh how blessed I feel that I have so many special people in my life.

Only a few days until we travel to the land of Ontario where we may get to see some of these special friends and then a quick little stop in Swift where hopefully I will get so see some more.

3 comments:

LMWIEBE said...

You have to be a GOOD friend in order to have so MANY good friends 😊

Catherine said...

Timmy's Steeped Tea by mail????? Awesome!!
xo Catherine

Catherine said...

And Michele is right above - you are a good friend!
xo Catherine