My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 8 June 2013

The road...does it take me away or lead me to?

Last Saturday we drove to see what our new life would be like for the next two years....we saw a bear, a fox and some deer along the road.  We saw our new house and met Ron's new partners. 


In some ways this road feels like the divider between what life is like now to what it will be for the next two years.  Our car was not happy with the dusty grid road and so we came home and made the trade for our first truck ever.  I am sure it will help us get to where we need to go much better than the car.



No longer will we look from our back deck to see the creek or the  prairies and the great walking paths but this back yard is surrounded by trees.  It is quite private and I am sure it will be a wonderful place to read and enjoy the quiet moments that I am sure to have.




And when Ron has the time off I am sure we will once again find ourselves in the canoe exploring the lake that surrounds us.  There will be many new places to see, new people to meet and so maybe today, I see that road that takes me away from my life here; but it also leads to a new adventure.  Big breath....I'm ready.


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Canoeing? Oh you are a brave girl. ;)
Wishing you a most wonderful week. I can't believe when I get back we will be down to a handful of 'tea walks'. Well that makes me very sad. :(
xo Catherine