My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday 20 July 2023

Waterton

I love mountains and parks, and so for me, Waterton Park is a favourite place to go.  It always surprises me when people living in Pincher Creek say that they haven’t been to Waterton in years.  We rarely miss a week of making the short distance south to explore.

This week we made it there twice.  Earlier in the week we went to Lethbridge on the motorcycle and came home the long way to slip into the park.

The Akimina road had been closed for a while due to rock slides after a torrential downpour in June.  Today, it was open and so we drove down to Cameron Lake.  

It’s a beautiful drive in a vehicle but for some reason, I always enjoy it a little more on the motorcycle.
Today, the forecast was a warm day with very little wind.  We took the canoe out of retirement and loaded it on the truck.  I packed snacks, drinks and lunch and off we went.  The lake was calm and the temperature perfect.  

We found private little coves along the way to enjoy a tea, munch on some snacks and eat our lunch.  


We sat across the lake looking back at the town site trying to figure out where certain lookouts where we had ventured to on other days. Our lunch spot had definitely been visited before.  The many inukshuks but for today it was all ours.

Waiting for the RCMP to contact us has given me a little anxiety, but as we canoed or took breaks along the shore, I relaxed and enjoyed my mountains.



No comments: