My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Monday 10 July 2023

Spruce Meadows

One of my favourite places to be is Spruce Meadows.


I think I first discovered it when we had moved to Three Hills and I was googling information about Christmas Markets. We then realized that there were many horse jumping competitions held through the year. It’s really quite impressive watching horse and rider run through a course and sail over the rails.  

It can also stop your breath when a horse decides that he isn’t jumping and the rider goes over the rail by themselves. On Thursday, we drove to Calgary and spent the afternoon watching the competition.  It was nice to be there to hear the Canadian anthem play when Tiffany Foster won.

We stayed overnight in Airdrie and did something unusual.  We walked around a mall.  The next morning, we were back in the stands watching another round of competitors.  


We did take a couple of breaks to walk the grounds.  There was a Celtic group from Scotland that danced.

 We also watched a dog show.  It was interesting and quite comical.  

We then made our way back to watch the final competition before driving home.  I’m not sure how many more we will get to before we move so it was nice to be there for this one.

No comments: