My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 23 July 2023

A Year Ago

An interesting feature from smart phones is that it will remind you of photos taken on this day from previous years.  Most of the time these pictures make me smile and even laugh.  They will jog my memory about where we were, what we did and who we were with.  Sometimes, like today, they make me choke back tears.  Last year this time was our “Sister Three” cottage time. Tina wanted this time and we all worked to make it happen.  That week was the last time I saw my baby sister.

Tina always loved the water and she had hoped that she would have been able to make it into the lake.  Her ALS had progressed too quickly to let this happen.  There were people willing to help her but her anxiety of falling was too much.  My heart ached for her and so I went down and filled a bucket with lake water so that she could put her feet in it.  This way she managed to kind of get into the lake. 😢

This is Tina just six years ago enjoying the lake.  

My mind can’t dwell on the sadness of her not being here so I try hard to remember the good times and try to imagine her floating on the crystal sea with no pain, no anxiety and no worries.



No comments: