My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Monday 4 April 2016

Hiking

Moving to Alberta opens up more opportunities for adventure.  While in southern Saskatchewan we took many trips west to the mountains but now we are just that much closer and are hoping to take advantage of many excursions.  One of the things that I would like to do is a bit of hiking and since our son has done a lot of hikes we asked him to be our tour guide.
First on the agenda is load up your vehicle with all of the animals.
Eagerly they watch out the window wondering where this adventure might lead them and this one took us to Grotto Creek Trail.
The day was gorgeous for April.  I soon shed my jacket as we walked carefully on the path.







In some places it was picking through rocks and other places it was snow covered or even ice covered.  I was very careful in these areas as I am just recovering from a fractured tailbone (that was another day out with our son!)The dogs had a great time especially once we got away from people and Bentley was able to be off leash.




The dogs probably did twice the hike that we did by running from side to side, up cliffs and down again and way ahead and back to us.  The views were beautiful and we took time to sit and relax...and catch my breath.






Of course we had to stop and take pictures of just that perfect spot.






And there are always those that have to take the adventure to a new level like climbing up a cliff or to a cave.


All and all it was a perfect hike day.


When we got back to the vehicle the dogs were eager to get in and try and find their space to lay down.






































And when I did my review I discovered that we had been hiking for three hours and I had burned 1199 calories.
And you know what that means...if you burn them, you can reward yourself.





And now to work up to my dream hike....to a Tea Room!

No comments: