My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 6 April 2016

He Did It!

My husband constantly amazes me.  When he completed his training at Depot seven years ago this month he was my hero.  Not only was he the oldest in his troop but he had survived the training while 13 others who had started with him had not made it.

Then off we went to Swift Current where he learned on the street how to be a real constable.  I use to smile when he got dressed for work because it looked like he was just playing cops.  It had been much more normal for me to see him heading out the door with his bible to go to church or a prayer meeting.  Yes, life changed quite a bit.

When staffing talked to Ron and asked him to consider a limited duration isolated post in northern Saskatchewan he jumped at the idea and I went along for the adventure and that is what it was. After two years we moved to another province with a town that had a grocery store.

A few months ago Ron started studying for his corporal exam and he just found out that he passed!  What does that mean?  Well, he can start applying for a promotion which means we could be going anywhere in Canada.   When?  Who knows?  Life is an adventure and I'm glad I'm doing it with Ron.  He certainly keeps life exciting and I'm very proud of him!


1 comment:

Candice said...

Wow! Congratulations to your husband! I know that you will continue to be lights wherever you are sent 😊.