My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Monday 18 April 2016

Knitting Up a Storm

Way, way back in BC time....which is Before Children in this case, I worked at a place where everyone was either knitting or learning to knit.  It was a good time for me to pick up a new hobby.  Since there was just the two of us at home I had lots of time to knit and I knit sweaters for lots of people.  Then kids happened and my knitting got set aside in order to find time to take them to the park or the beach.  I preferred putting my needles down to play with Jennie and Stephen.


Now that I am at a new stage of my life knitting took over again.  When we moved to Deschambault Lake I became a faithful customer to the online shopping of Mary Maxim.  So many colours and types of yarn to choose from that I even bought a shelving unit just for my yarn.
I knit dozens of baby afghans while in DL and I sent them across Canada to lots of precious little babies.  My afghans have landed in Nova Scotia, Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia.  I even left one in the Yukon.  Sometimes I get pictures of my blankets with the little precious baby that I made it for.
Isaiah Rising (Charlene & Nick Rising in British Columbia)


Morgan Drinnan (Parents Rachel and Dean Drinnan in Saskatchewan)


New Baby Boy (The Dad works with our son)

The Dad went through classes with our son.

Mae McKenzie (daughter of Spencer who was Stephen's best buddy in school)
Lots of different afghans and so many precious babies but this one has to the best:
Our Beautiful Granddaughter, Abby (who is now 2!)
I've even made lap blankets and full size afghans.  It's what I do when I sit down to watch tv.
Full size blankets sent to Vancouver Island

My sister enjoying her warm afghan on a cool day.

Made for me!

Specially made for my mom.

My regular afghan that I use while watching tv and knitting more blankets.
 I always have one on the go...sometimes by order but most of the time just in case I hear that someone might be having a baby.

I have one ready to go in the mail.  It's a special one!  It's for the newest addition to our family and I'm wondering if the blanket will arrive before he does.

So here it goes....will it or will it not arrive before Baby Boy arrives.
I'm guessing that the baby will come first because Jenn always goes early and Canada Post always arrives late.  Either way this blanket was knit together with love for a new little new addition to our family.


For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
-Psalm 139:13

No comments: