My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 30 January 2016

Weekends

Last weekend Ron and I drove to our almost mountain getaway...okay, so it might not be ours but our son has a room at his house where we can stay and see the mountains.  It's wonderful.  On the Friday the boys went skiing/snow boarding while I stayed at the house and did the mom thing.  I cleaned, cooked and looked after the animals.


After a good day at Lake Louise they arrived home ready for a hot dinner.  Ron came in with a bit of a sports injury.  He had hit an icy patch and his shoulder was sore and his thumb was twice the size and a lovely shade of blue.  Fortunately they were skiing with a nurse who told him that he would survive.  The next day we drove to Radium, B.C. where we took it easy on the injuries by having a soak in the hot springs.

The air was cool enough to make the water feel wonderful but not cold enough to make us freeze when we had to walk back into the change rooms.  We got back to the house in time for me to make lasagna and for the energetic one to head to the gym...and no, it wasn't Ron.


On Sunday we headed home and on the way we went to church, out for lunch, picked up groceries and got gas for under 70 cents a litre.


This weekend I'm back at that almost mountain getaway.  Ron is working so I came alone to doggie sit because someone is snow boarding for a couple of days.   Tanker chose my bed to sleep on so my feet were warm all night.  The only problem through the night is that every time the dogs heard a sound of a vehicle they thought that their boy might be coming home which meant they would jump off the bed and run downstairs barking.  They come back when they realized it was a false alarm but it sure wakes a person up abruptly.


As for life back on the prairie, a mild spell came along which resulted our back up sump pump sending out an alarm that the primary pump was not working.  Fortunately this time we caught it and a new pump has been installed.  Thankfully I was home and a flood was avoided which means I am still sane.


Happy weekend...wherever you are!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that you guys didnt have another flood!

ps. we HAVE to have toy guys over for dinner soon! I'm so sorry we havnt yet.