My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Friday 15 January 2016

Looking Ahead ....past Christmas!

I love Christmas....I am little bit like the retail stores.  Once Halloween is over I start to think about when I can put up my Christmas decorations. 
I try to wait until the end of November but sometimes things slip out a little earlier.   I am not like my mom who thought  Boxing day was meant to box up the decorations....nope, they have to stay up until after New Year's and perhaps even a few days later than that.  The family across the street from us still have their Christmas tree and lights up and for me, I'm okay with that.  The weeks leading up to Christmas includes lots of driving around and checking out the best lights.
Some may go a little overboard but I'm okay with that when I am on the hunt for some great Christmas lights.  Then Christmas comes and eventually you have to take down the decorations and it is always a bit of a sad day for me.
I know some people kind of enjoy it because their house feels cleaner and bigger with the clutter of the decorations packed away under the stairs again.  For me, I miss the soft glow of the Christmas tree lights in the corner and I miss walking outside at night seeing the snow covered lights on the houses and trees but all good things must come to an end.
And so as the last decoration gallops into storage for 10 months I notice that I need to adjust my timer for our living room light.




The days are getting a little longer and you know what that means?

Yes, I enjoy Christmas but I'm over it now....time to think about cruising!  And as for settling into Three Hills, I think I am doing it nicely.  We had company last night for supper and even pulled out the Catan game and I just got a invite for coffee today.  2016 is looking promising!

No comments: