My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 3 October 2015

Enjoying the New Schedule

I started this week with my new schedule at work which means I work more according to Ron's schedule.  On Monday, I went to work and it was great because at the end of the day I knew that I had two days off.

On Tuesday, Ron and I left in the morning for Red Deer to get the motorcycle serviced.  It was a tad bit cold...only 4 degrees.  I was layered up and enjoyed the fall scenery.  Yes, the prairie has scenery!  While we waited for the motorcycle to be done we walked and enjoyed a nice brunch.  By then the day had warmed up nicely and we headed west. 
We were able to shed some layers and enjoy the warmth of a fall day.  Once we got past Rocky Mountain House the mountains jumped out at us and you couldn't help but smile at the beauty that surrounded us.  There is nothing like the aqua colour of the mountain lakes and the majestic Rocky Mountains.  We felt like we had the park to ourselves.

Ron would stop when I wanted to but most of the time I snapped pictures happily around him.  We were so thrilled to have such a nice day for a ride.

This was the first time that we had entered the mountains this way.  The Icefield Parkway was spectacular and I am sure that we will be doing it again....next year.  The higher we found ourselves in the mountain the lower the temperature dropped.  We stopped to gear up and reluctantly I gave up the camera for my gloves but even though the temperature had fallen the sights around me kept me happy.

One final stop before heading home was Stephen's.  It was so nice to be able to call him and say put the tea kettle on.  We warmed up with a hot cup of tea and made it home around 9:00 p.m.   It was a perfect day to have off.

On Wednesday we headed into Calgary for the day.  Ron had a first of getting his hair cut and a hot shave by a barber at a men's only shop.  He quite enjoyed the experience.
We spent the rest of the day getting the tires changed on the truck and a little bit of shopping.  On our way home I just had to stop to take a picture of the prairie field wrapping up for winter. 
 
And the sun set on another beautiful day...
I think I am going to like this work schedule!

No comments: