My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 16 September 2015

Prairie Bride

Life on the prairie is full of new adventures and lots of different emotions as I try to settle into the routine of work again.  It was hard to see Ron leave last week on a bike trip without me but I was thankful that he could spend time with his sister.
They had a good trip...traveling over 1500 km through Alberta. Montana and B.C.  Ron brought me back a little gift from a stop in Fort Steele.

It was kind of confusing to pull out this ring.  It is not unusual for Ron to buy me jewellery but this wasn't up to his usual standard.  It wasn't until I read the card with it that it all made sense and I was touched by his gift.  I feel like a true Prairie bride after all these years of marriage and am proud of my prairie diamond.

Tonight Ron is working and this is the very first night that I have been in this house by myself.  Leah and Daniel moved out today and so Ron and I will be back to just the two of us.  We have not had that since April.

As for my work....well it has been different.  It is such a new thing for me and it has been a huge learning curve.  Yesterday, in my frustration, I quit.  I had been to the doctor the night before and had been told that with my risk factors  I had just over 25 percent chance of having a heart attack in the next ten years.  The day had been so busy and I felt my anxiety pick up.  I finally had had enough.  I didn't want the stress of the work environment increase my odds.  I felt pretty good for awhile...very satisfied with my decision.  Once my supervisor and manager had a chance to digest my decision they began to discuss with me how they could get me to stay.  I decided to give it a little longer but I did ask for Friday off to destress and hopefully enjoy a little motorcycle ride.

So my goal for the next little while is to try and relax more, worry less, eat better, and exercise more in order to reduce the health risks.  The positive side is that I have 75 percent of not having a heart attack.  That's honours!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oh my stars girlfriend! What a post!! Clearly another Facetime/tea date is in order soon.
Hope you have a really good destressing Friday!
Many hugs,
xo Catherine