My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 7 September 2013

It's Saturday!

Back in the day when I worked full time (two and half months ago) I would be so happy when Saturday rolled around.  It was the day to catch up on all the household duties that I didn't have time to do through the week and get ready for the next week coming.  Then, when I got everything done I would reward myself by doing nothing at all.  Now.... I know that it is Saturday by crossing off the days on the calendar and after Friday...it's Saturday.

So what to do this Saturday?  First Ron and I went for a morning walk to the dock.
(Picture was taken on another day)
 It was such a beautiful morning with hardly a breeze and it seemed very quiet in the community and along the road.  We sat at the end of the dock for a few minutes to enjoy the scenery and the morning sun.  Quite a ways out a flock of pelicans were resting along an island.  After a few minutes of this peaceful setting we headed home.

Ron left for work and I began to think about my day.  Since Ron would not be coming home until later I decided that I would continue my exercise in the house and did another 20 minutes on the elliptical.  I really did it just to fill in a little bit more of my day but it did make me feel better physically and mentally.


Next....let's do some baking.  I have always wanted to be able to make bread but never had any luck.  One of my daughter's friends gave me a recipe recently and so this is my second attempt at making her bread.  No bread maker for me...let's scratch out those ingredients and get to work.

And after mixing, kneading, letting it rise twice and baking, voila....homemade bread!  Thanks Nicole!
(Picture taken by Catherine)



But while the bread is baking....call Catherine of cornerofcatsmind .  Catherine was my work tea partner 
(Reenactment)

and is the reason that I started blogging.  She is the one to blame.  Unfortunately we couldn't go for a tea walk like we use to (since we are now 8 1/2 hours apart) so we did the next best thing.  We made our teas and I called her at 2ish and we chatted for about one hour.  Her and her hubby just got back from their special 25th Anniversary trip and I am sure that there will be some great blogging going on in a few days on her page.  Oh, I forgot to ask about her new ring...I guess I will have to call another day to hear all about that.  It was really nice to catch up and hear about her special holiday. 

Well now, it is time to quit procrastinating and get to work.
My two on line courses start next week and I have some reading to do.  Time to get at it.
Happy Saturday!
                                       

1 comment:

Catherine said...

LOL!!!! Oh my stars! Love the 'reenactment' of talking on the phone with me! Hahaha! You are too funny! Well I enjoyed our tea and chat. We will indeed do it again soon.

I hope your bread turned out well. My granola and pickles are all finished. Now just for the eating. ;)

Keep safe and well my friend!
xo Catherine