My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Monday 30 September 2013

Golden Trees and Two Bears

Once upon a time....okay it was a week ago Saturday night Ron came home from work and I anxiously waited for him to get ready to go for a walk.  It was such a beautiful evening.  The sun was getting lower in the sky and there was a promise of a beautiful sunset over the lake.  The colours in the trees were brilliant and I was excited to go for a nice fall walk before it got too dark.

I grabbed my camera and off we went.  First through a little path in the woods because the sun was just right for a nice shot.  When we got to the end of the trail and back out on the main road the sun hit the top of the trees and it was brilliant!


 I was so excited about the sights and sounds of Fall and was happy that I had my camera along to capture such beautiful colours.

As we got closer to the lake, well let me just show you the pictures:





 
What an amazing night!
 
The next evening it was a little windy and not such a great night for photos so I left the camera at home and we went out for our regular jaunt.  As we turned to leave the lake and make our way back to the village I put my hand out to stop Ron.  Ahead of us on the road was a bear.  No camera, no bear spray!  The bear sauntered off into the woods and we kept our eyes on the spot as we made our way back home.
Fast forward to this weekend.  On our way home from getting groceries I again found some beautiful golden trees and couldn't resist sharing these shots with you.

 And then we found this guy and I took these pictures from the safety of our truck.
 
 When we got back home we went for a walk to the dock to get a little fresh air and on our way back we were stopped by a lady in a vehicle who told us to be careful of the bears.  Apparently we weren't the only ones that had seen a bear along this stretch and he was a little bit scary.  We have decided that we may put a few miles on our treadmill until hibernation.
And they all lived happily ever after as long as they used their treadmill.


 


1 comment:

Catherine said...

Lions Tigers and Bears oh my!!!
Hmmm....well thankfully no lions and tigers...
Scary!
Yup - stick to that treadmill my friend - much safer!
xo Catherine