My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 29 March 2023

What Is Stopping Me?

Spring has arrived.  We have had snow the past few days but it’s the type to not stick around.  The sun is shining and the streets are dry again.  Birds are starting to chirp and we have seen the first robins.

I’m continuing to push myself to better health.  I’ve increased my step goal to 10,000 steps (which was normal before all of this happened).  I’m reaching it and most days exceeding the step count with the help of my treadmill.

This is normally the time of year that I just can’t wait to get outside but something is stopping me.  I can make myself go out to walk if I have a destination.  It has to be for an appointment that I can’t miss.  I can walk when Ron is home but today Ron is working.

So what stops me?  I look outside and think it would be good to go but then I feel the anxiety and retreat to the treadmill. Why? And the better question is How?   How do I get over this feeling and get back outside by myself.  I don’t even know why it causes me stress.

I guess it is one of those things that will take time.  Small steps will lead to longer walks but in the mean time the treadmill will have to do.

It will come…

Update on Sarah….her symptoms have improved.  The headache and pressure are gone.  She is able to walk normal and without assistance.  She is trying school today with modifications.   I told her to be careful or the symptoms could come back.  She told me that it wasn’t that bad.  I told her that it was because she couldn’t remember.  

Jenn got a temporary full time position at the hospital.  She is excited about having her own office.  Her current department isn’t very happy to lose her.

Stephen and Kylie just returned from Hawaii and I was reliving the experience through their pictures and stories.

These are turtles,
not Stephen and Kylie

I need to get my day going.  Down to the treadmill I go.

No comments: