My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 15 March 2023

Something New

I googled and found a list of 11 things to help with depression.  In my last post I shared one of them…Exercise.  Another item on the list is to try and do something new.  Depression often keeps a person in a rut…a very deep, lonely rut.  I can understand now why it is important to try something new.

Last February, Sarah, Ron and I went to Lake Louise for a couple of days to cross country ski.  I took a picture and then entered it into a contest for a free night at the motel that we had stayed in.

I won!

I made the reservation for last night. This wasn’t something new because we had stayed there before.

On our way to Lake Louise, we stopped to do a walk at Johnson Canyon.






This morning we got up and headed to the lake.  We have skied across Lake Louise before but this time we had snow shoes.  




I’m counting that as something new.

I actually combined two on the list….Exercise and Something New.

It feels so good to have the strength to start fighting this one step at a time.

I know that I have a ways to go.  As we drove through Canmore today, tears rolled down my cheeks as I gazed at The Three Sisters mountain range. In the past, every time we would drive by I would think about my two sisters and today was no different.


Ron was quiet for a while giving me some time and then he switched the channel to blue grass.  Who can keep crying when there are songs about dogs, trains and lots of bad singing?  Ron says that even the sad songs are happy.


No comments: