My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday 26 November 2015

Settling in...and it's about time!

It seems like it has taken me longer to settle in our home here.  My good friend, Cheryl says that I have lots of reasons for that but finally it is feeling like home.  Last week the final touches were done in the basement and we were able to get the furniture back in place.  Yesterday, I put up Christmas decorations, sorted bins and cleaned the house.  I thought it would be a good time to take pictures and share what my home looks like.

When you walk in the front door you enter the kitchen which opens up into the living room.


The living room looks out over the prairie and a wonderful curvy train track which I love.  My last living room overlooked the detachment.

Walking in the front door of the house you see the kitchen and living room and if you go to the left you find an L shaped hallway.  The first door leads you to my laundry space and a door into the garage.
It is so nice having a garage again and the truck and motorcycle fit in quite nicely.

When you continue down the hall you find our messy little office, "Sarah's" bedroom and bathroom.

At the end of the hall is our bedroom.  There is a door that leads out of the bedroom to the deck that runs the whole length of the house.  We have an en-suite and a walk in closet.

Back down the hall towards the kitchen is the stairs to the recroom and more bedrooms.

It is quite a multipurpose area and lots of room for us to exercise and relax.  Behind the exercise equipment are the storage and furnace rooms.  These rooms still need some attention but I thought I would share them as well so you get the whole picture of the house.

At the other end of the recroom are our guests rooms.  There are two bedrooms with a bathroom and a nice little area in between.

Yes, our house is starting to feel like our home.  Still some boxes to unpack but I have time.  I'm sure we won't move for a couple of years anyway.

No comments: