My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday 30 October 2014

Halloween

I know a lot of people really enjoy Halloween.  Some people decorate their houses and get all dressed up to hand out candy to the many children that come to the door that night.  Cobwebs hang from the front door.  Ghosts flutter in the wind in the trees.  Witches answer the door with candy in hand.

I must admit that it is not my favourite time of the year.  As I sit here tonight thinking about tomorrow night I'm thinking my costume could be a Hermit because my plan is to shut the lights out and lock the doors as soon as Ron goes to work.

Yes, I know the kids are cute and it is an exciting evening for them.  I remember having a couple of kids in our house a long time ago that loved to dress up and go door to door to fill their bags up with candy.
I just have this weird feeling about people disguising themselves.  Normally we would call the police if a strange being came to our door but on this night we reward them with candy and hope that behind their mask they are just having fun.  It is often a night when eggs are tossed at passing cars or windows are soaped.  Innocent mischief can turn into trouble for others.

I wonder....am I the only person that feels like this?

I know a little trio that will be excited for the evening.


And why the house is dark I will be packing with a flashlight because I am headed to surprise these little goblins.  Yup, Ontario here I come!

Enjoy a safe Halloween and as for me, I will be glad when the evening is over.

No comments: