My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Tuesday 10 June 2014

Sea of Red

Our nation is mourning today for three men who lost their lives in the line of duty.
We can feel removed from the situation because we did not know them personally but then we hear about who they were.  Three men who wanted to help others.  Three husbands to mourning wives.  Three fathers who left children behind.  They were sons and friends.  They were co-workers.  They were police officers who put their lives on the line to protect others.
I will sit in front of the tv today watching the funeral for these precious men. 
When I see the sea of red serges I know that my eyes will well up. 
Perhaps this hits me harder because there is a red serge hanging in our closet and I know the risk is always there. 
Today I will wear my red in honour of the fallen and pray for the families of these heroes. 
Today I will be thankful that my husband is safe and tonight I will hug him just a little longer.
Today I will be thankful for life and my family.
Today I will pray.....

No comments: