My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 30 March 2019

Out Like a Lamb

March came in with a blast of snow.  It came in fierce but over the weeks it has tamed.  The snow has disappeared from the lawns and it is no longer good enough in the mountains to ski so on Ron's four days off we decided to go for a drive.  We found a road that didn't allow winter travel and so we walked.
The scenery was beautiful and it was quiet.  We walked for 10 kilometres and were rewarded with seeing a mama moose with her calf.  They were too far away to get a picture but so exciting to see.
The next day we drove to Waterton and decided to hike up to Bertha Falls.  It was a great day and we found snow along the way.
Thankfully we had remember our walking poles to help us along some snow covered ledges.
Even though it was a windy day, we were quite sheltered along the path.
It was so nice to be out hiking again.  This was my third time on this one but I don't think you could ever tire of the scenery.
The creek was running fast with lots of snow surrounding it.
Ron was patient with me as I walked slow taking in the views and stopping often to take pictures.
 It was a year ago this day that Jenn had flown to Alberta to be with me during my thyroid cancer surgery.  I felt blessed to have a year behind me and to be able to do this beautiful walk.
We made it to the falls and pictures don't do it justice of how pretty it was with the water, snow and ice mixed together.
After a few pictures, we made our way back, never tiring of the scenery.
Last night I ran out the door at sunset to grab a few pictures of the sunset over the mountains.  It's hard for me to believe that I live where I can see this everyday.
I walked up the hill by our house to take a few more pictures and continued until my phone battery died.
So March 2019 disappears....it came in like a lion and out like a pussy cat.  It's amazing how fast the months go by and I am striving to enjoy every moment of every month as time seems to go by so quickly.  So when that beautiful sunset is out my door then so am I.

No comments: