My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Thursday 14 March 2019

Again!

When Ron joined the RCMP, my job has been to support and enjoy the ride.  When we arrived in Swift Current, I got a job at the credit union and was promoted after a couple of years.  It was a wonderful experience and I made some great friends and think fondly of my years working there.  Even when we transferred north, I worked for an extra year doing contract work.
Before we left Deschambault Lake, I had an interview for a job at another credit union in Three Hills.  That was my loser job.  It didn't last long and I thought that I had come to my retirement time but that was not to be.  The perfect position was posted at Prairie College.   With my experience as a school secretary and a pastor's wife it seemed to be a good fit to be an administrative assistant at a bible college.
I have worked at Prairie for the past three years....two onsite and one from Pincher Creek.  I enjoyed working there with so many teams travelling and once again made some great friends.  The job was getting harder to do from a distance and I decided to hand in my resignation effective at the end of the school year.
It was a hard decision but once done I begin to look for something in Pincher Creek.  An unlikely position came up....A Librarian Clerk at the Catholic School.  I applied and was granted an interview.  The interview went well but another more qualified person was granted the position.  More qualified.....I was quite relieved.  When the principal called to tell me she also advised me that an administrative position was advertised.  I applied, got an interview and got the call today that they were offering the position to me.
So exciting.  A bit of a familiar position with summers off and all close to home.  I'm looking forward to my new position.
I will find out more details in the weeks to come.  So once again, I will start a new job and I will retire again....later!

No comments: