My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Saturday 23 June 2018

"Our" Work Week

Ron's been working 8 days in a row and so I have been putting in lots of hours "at my desk."
Ron's week has been pretty interesting starting with his drive to work.
Only in Alberta would this obstacle be found on the way to work.  This week Ron dressed in his finery for a walk around the park and he soon became a celebrity.



He was meeting all kinds of tourists who just wanted a picture with a real Mountie. 

On one nice evening, we went for a motorcycle ride down to the park.  We saw a bear, lots of deer and a cute little fox family.  The scenery, of course, was spectacular.

On Thursday evening, I met Ron at work for a Pow Wow.  It was National Aboriginal Day.  The evening started first with a few pictures for the newspaper.

Ron could have been an actor.  Then the drums started, followed by some singing.  The parade began with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police carrying the banner.
Behind them came the dancers, all wearing wonderful bright costumes.



The evening continued with dancing and singing and more drumming but the rain started coming and so the Mounties needed to get their hats in out of the weather.  Ron and I had supper at the park and then came home.  .

Today is Ron's last day.  I've worked, baked and watched tv.  It's a rainy day but the sun will come out tomorrow and we will head to Three Hills for a few days.  I'm excited to sleep in my own bed and see Brianne blossoming with her two little babies.

No comments: