My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 6 June 2018

Adventure from Pincher Creek

Days off mean planning what to do and which direction to take.  This week, we first went west to almost the BC border.  We drove 14 km off the main highway down a very sketchy road.  There were curves and ruts and even water holes to cross until we came to the trail head of Window Mountain Trail.
The first part of the trail started off with us tip toeing through a mountain creek.
As we steadily walked up the washed out road, the pebbled path led us into the trees.
 
The climb was steep and I slowly followed Ron.  As we got deeper and higher into the woods....we found snow!
Some parts of the trails were steep switch backs and others were climbing rocky paths.


The trail opened up to a beautiful mountain lake.


We walked to the other end of the lake but couldn't make it all around.


On our way back, I rejoiced through the walk in the woods and on the snow when my fitbit cheered me on for getting 10,000 steps.
By the time the day was done I had walked 15,087 steps and about 10 km.  We got back to Pincher Creek in time for dinner.  One of the students from the college, who is working in Waterton for the summer, came with us.  It was nice visiting with him and then we played Catan before we said our goodbyes.

This morning, we decided to bike in Waterton.  When we parked the truck and unloaded the bikes the wind was pretty strong and I was a little apprehensive about the adventure.

Even going down the hills was an effort with the wind blowing against us.  I wanted to give up a few times but my encourager kept me going.
We had lunch by the lake in a little shelter to give us a break from the gusts.  We rode the bikes around the village to check out some of the sights and stop for a tea break.




Ron gave me the option of waiting in the village while he rode out and got the truck but I decided that I would give it a try.  Two things were on my side: less up hills and the wind was now on my back.
 
 
 
Just before the last big down hill, I stopped to take these pictures.

Finally, we got back to the truck...27 km later. 
Another a successful couple of days off and tomorrow we are back to work....Ron in Waterton and me at the table.

No comments: