My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 26 November 2017

The Christmas Market Tradition

I kind of got hooked on Christmas Markets in Swift Current when I went with my dear friends, Lynne and Casey.  I was amazed at the many booths of food, crafts, pictures and everything Christmasy.  The next year I went twice...first with Lynne and Casey and then with my wonderful work (and tea) buddies Catherine and Corinne.

And then we moved north!  No Christmas Markets there.

When we moved to Alberta, I got the fever again and I wanted to pass it on.  I googled Christmas Markets in our area and found that Spruce Meadows is the best place to go.  I went and enjoyed it thoroughly.

The next year, I made it a weekend!  

This year, I repeated our tradition.  Brianne and I drove and stayed overnight and then spent a number of hours enjoying the sights, sounds, smells and tastes of Christmas.

SIGHTS:








But the best part was spending time with these Brianne who has become so much like family.  I'm glad that she lets this old lady hang out with her!





No comments: