My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Sunday 30 April 2017

Made It Through The Year

Graduation at Prairie took place on Saturday.  When I started at the college in August I had hoped to make it through the year before we moved.  I just wanted to see it to completion.  One of my main responsibilities is to support the teams that are sent out from the school on mission trips.  The groups that I was closely connected to were the GlobeTREKkers and the Discovers.

The GlobeTREK team left in September from Calgary.
They have travelled through many countries and have encountered many new experiences.  For two months they travelled together and then split up for their six month internships.

In January, the Discovers flew to Germany.  They spent a few days in Germany and a week in South Africa before spending most of their six weeks in Mozambique.
I was always relieved when I would get notification that the groups were in the right place at the right time.

Discovers in Mozambique
GlobeTREK finishing up in Cairo
On Saturday we had the celebration for the Discovers.  It was great hearing their stories and listening to how they had grown while traveling.
Following their celebration they went to their graduation and received their one year certificates.  I sat at home and watched the ceremony online.
On Friday night the GlobeTREKkers arrived back in Canada.  I haven't really seen this group much but I felt like I knew them quite well through emails, facebook messages, expense reports and travel arrangements made.  Today they were having their debriefing and so I packed up my basket of goodies and arrived to have lunch with them.
Even though they should be still experiencing jet leg they were all looking chipper and busy in the kitchen preparing lunch.
It has been an interesting year to watch them travel via facebook and hear about their experiences through their monthly reports.  It was nice to see them back on Canadian soil and I was glad to hear that all the arrangements that I had worked on got them to where they were supposed to be.
Tomorrow I will go back to work knowing that there are other students soon leaving the college on trips.  I will be watching flights, checking itineraries and praying that they all get to where they are supposed to be. 

So I got to see the year to completion....now I'm ready for a move.

No comments: