My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Wednesday 26 April 2017

Graduation/Training/Referrals!

Life at work has been busy with the end of the school year approaching this weekend.  Grad events are being planned and lots of activities are going on.  It brings me back to 8 years ago when our family travelled to Regina to celebrate Ron's graduation from depot. 
It hardly seems like it was that long ago but since then so much has happened.  We have moved to three postings and still waiting word for number four.  It certainly has been a journey with still more roads to travel.

This month we were also celebrating the Leafs making it to the playoffs.  They fought a good fight but were taken out in the first round but it was still fun to watch.  We will be looking forward to next year when they can make it further.
The longer days have been wonderful and you would almost think it was Spring.  It says it on the calendar but then again this is what my deck looked like this week.
Ron used it as another training moment for his trainee.  Rookies get to clean off the vehicle especially if they are living at your house.
Our house guest will be moving out tonight.  He will be starting is own life here in the town and our bedrooms will remain empty for awhile but always ready for anyone who wants to come and visit.

Update on my appointment with the Endocrinologist....follow closely, you can get lost in this.  So Dr. 1 (GP) requested an ultrasound on my neck and then referred me to Dr. 2 (ENT).  Dr. 2 did a scope and referred me to Dr. 3 (Endocrinologist) who did a biopsy and ordered more extensive blood work.  Results went back to Dr. 1 & Dr. 2 who didn't call me back.  I finally called Dr. 2 who said that they had emailed me (didn't get it). They set up an appointment for me to come in.  I called Dr. 3 to get the results for my blood work.  That is when I found out that I had the Hashimotos disease.  Dr. 2 confirmed this at my appointment and referred me to Dr. 4.  Dr. 4 wasn't taking patients until July.  When I called back to Dr. 3's office they reluctantly gave me the Central Booking number for Endocrinologists to see if I could get in earlier with another doctor.  I got an appointment with Dr. 5 for May 10th.  I sure hope this doctor will do something and my referring days will be over!

I am also hoping that the snow will stop coming and I can sit on my deck and enjoy some sunshine before we hear about our next move.

No comments: