My blog

A little bit about me and a lot about the things we do.

Friday 28 February 2014

Day 4 - A Day at Sea

There usually is at least one day at sea and on this cruise we had two.  They are not my favourite days but you learn to make the most of it.  After all, we are floating on a huge resort and you need at least one day to explore it.
 

It takes me quite awhile to figure out were to go but Ron usually has it figured out pretty quick.  It is good that there are little maps everywhere to show me where I am and how to get to where I want to be.  This ship has 15 decks...that is more floors than most hotels.  It is 1020 feet long. 

Where to first....breakfast!  Each day the floor of the elevator shows us what day it is which is good because on holidays it is hard to remember.


Breakfast could be found in two places.  The 3rd floor formal dining room or the 11th floor WindJammer.  We preferred this.  Lots of food to choose from and a window seat.

After breakfast we went to the well equipped gym and we exercised while looking out at the ocean.

A walk around the ship makes you almost forget that you are contained miles away from land. 


This ship included a shopping area that was just like a mini mall and yes, we found men sitting at the tables in the morning drinking their coffee probably waiting for their wives to wake up.  The shopping was reasonable and we bought a few things to make us feel part of the crowd.

In the afternoon we searched for a quiet, shaded spot to read.  It was 29 degrees Celsius and neither of us wanted a bad burn.  Most people choose a spot around the pool area.  I took this in the morning before the sunbathers found their way to the pool.
We found a quieter place...right at the front of the ship so I could make sure the captain knew what he was doing.

Ron is wearing his new glasses to read and right behind him is the exercise area and in front of him is the front of the ship.

At night we always chose to go the formal dining room.  The food was amazing and the service was fantastic.  Over the week I had seafood pasta, cod, duck, lamb and lobster and I won't tell you all the desserts but lets just say I have been exercising hard to wear off two nights of crème brulee.

Every night you have the same waiters and they treated us so well.  They knew my standing tea order.  I miss them!
Next day....ARUBA!

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Oh my stars! It looks like a hotel inside! I didn't realize it would look like that though I don't know what I thought it would like inside. Very cool!
Keep warm my friend!
xo Catherine